Thanks to the combination of electric fields and heat, Oncothermia can be used on constantly moving areas of the body, such as the lung. Or heat-sensitive regions, such as the brain. It is even effective in regions of the body with high blood flow, such as the liver.
Oncothermia is indicated for:
- Primary tumours and metastases of liver, bone, pancreas, kidney, lungs, brain, lymph nodes and local lymphomas, malignant melanomas, etc.
- Astrocytomas, Glioblastoma multiforme, Gliomas... and other brain tumours.
- Squamous cell carcinomas of the head and throat. Bronchial carcinomas. Tumours of the neck, larynx, oesophagus and mouth.
- Gastrointestinal tumours, including in the large intestine, small intestine, stomach, rectum, oesophagus, colorectal carcinoma, pancreas, etc.
- Deep gynaecological cases, genital organs, breast, breast carcinoma, ovaries, cervix...
- Prostate, rectum and bladder cancer.
Usually, it is not used as a single therapy. In fact, Oncothermia is most effective when combined with chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy protocols in patients who respond positively to these treatments. In this way, its benefits are enhanced and side effects – leucopenia, mucositis, nausea, vomiting, etc. – are reduced.
However, it is also beneficial in patients who reject chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatments, or who no longer benefit from them due to tumour resistance.
Median survival time.
The following graphs show the additional median survival time after chemotherapy treatment with the addition of oncothermia.
Data obtained from SEER database
It is a non-invasive, non-toxic and effective method. It has no side effects or risks for the patient as it only acts on the affected area. In very few cases, in 3% of cases, a slight erythema (reddening of the skin) may occur in the treated area, but this is largely minimised by monitoring the process.
Combination of Oncothermia with Surgery. Clinical case.
Treatment of oncothermia and surgery in patients with inoperable rectal carcinoma. After treatment, 71% of patients were operable: